Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ogden Temple Open House

We combined family dinner at Shad and Jen's house with visited the Ogden Temple open house. The kids were so excited that they could go in! They see Kevin and I go to the temple each month, and although we've talked about the temple a lot, they still were very curious to see for themselves. The open house are such a neat opportunity for everyone to see how beautiful temples are, and learn more about them. We are very lucky to live in an area with many chances to visit an open house! This is the third one we have been to with our kids in the last 5 years, and there will even be another one next year. Each time we go to one, I remember the week I spent as a missionary working at the Boston Temple open house as part of my mission. Such a neat opportunity! The Ogden Temple is beautiful, and Cora is especially excited that she is old enough to attend the temple dedication too. 

There were quite a few people there, so it did take a while to walk through (you can tell that by the time this picture was taken, Luke was really done!), but it was a great opportunity. And look at cute cousins Evelyn and Bentley. I think it's great to be able to make these kinds of memories together as a family. 


Kissie and Pata with the couple of grandkids left who were willing to smile!
We had a great lunch at Shad and Jen's house afterward. It was great to relax and reconnect, and the kids always have fun playing together. 
 
Afterward, our family drove up the road a little farther to Brigham City. I have heard for years about fruit way, and all the yummy fruit you can buy. This was our first time, and I was impressed! A big bushel of delicious peaches for $16! I cut up and froze a bunch for smoothies and to stir in oatmeal, we gave away a few, I made some yummy peach bbq sauce, and the rest were gone within two weeks. The stores are spaced a ways apart (driving distance) so I can see how it would be fun to go browse a bunch of stores next time... without kids. We just visited the one place my neighbor recommended and that was perfect for us. Yummy treat, and good timing to combine it with our trip to Ogden. 

No comments: